return to Crystals home-section
how to spot fake crystals
fake or authentic malachite
1) PATTERNS: wavy lines are softer, Piece on right has sharp contoured lines. It reminds me of mixing play-dough
2) WEIGHT the real malachite piece here is 2 grams heavier
3) COLOUR is often less distinct. If you open pieces up they may have a different due to dye-ing and painting.
4) CHIPS & SCUFFS the fake piece is chipping, getting scuffed and scraped.
5) POLISH & SHINE real malachite keeps it’s sheen
6) ENERGY & VIBRATION if you can feel crystal energy you'll be able to tell there is no 'vibe' from the fake piece
The piece on the left is authentic, right piece is fake